IT securityIn recent years, IT security in Czech companies is more and more important. Its importance can be compared with the requirements for reliability and availability of IT infrastructure and services. Security Solutions is a cross-cutting discipline extending to all areas of IT and all systems used by the client. The aim is to establish rules and then ensure or force their compliance.
The biggest concern of companies and public institutions is the threat of data corruption and the risk of leakage of customer information. In addition, there is also a concern of corporate IT professionals about attacks by malicious software. Other serious threats include accidental data leaks caused by company employees or sabotage, i.e. deliberate disclosure of the company information.
S&T CZ considers security of IT systems, protection of sensitive data and know-how, and provision of business continuity a critical feature in building information systems.
Therefore, we follow the generally recognized safety rules, known as the CIA triad: confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
We use the experience of S&T professionals primarily in the areas of:
- Infrastructure security
- Business (project) security
- Process safety
S&T has a different approach to the issue of IT security. Our specialists do not see security as a product but as an integral feature of the resulting solution and the associated process to ensure continuous and acceptable levels of security.
In addition to classic infrastructure security, S&T specializes in intellectual property protection and data movement, security of portal applications, virtualized environment, security consolidation and monitoring, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, process safety, risk analysis and security policy, audits, and penetration tests.
The added value of S&T activities is the position of a “total solution partner” when together with the customer, we build a complete infrastructure in accordance with ISO standards and ITIL recommendations.
The reason for a proactive approach to safety is especially the fact that the costs of preventing security incidents are significantly lower than the costs associated with eliminating their impact.
The main elements of IT security include:
- Security policy – defines the basic safety rules and requirements to ensure the protection and security of information in the organization. After the approval of the management, it serves as a binding regulation for employees.
- Physical access control – ensuring physical access to the IS key components to only authorized persons, including the possibility of supervision. The delivery includes CCTV systems, access control systems, electrical security systems, attendance systems, etc.
- Directory services, authentication and authorization – the central database of users for the management of their identity and access data, including logging and access monitoring. A possible extension could be the systems for identity management, single sign-on systems or multi-factor authentication systems.
- The safety supervision and administration system – an important safety feature that allows you to collect information about events from different systems, unite them in one place, and then evaluate the correlation.
- Vulnerability control – any operational activities or measures to ensure safety must be checked for compliance with the defined security policy or the occurrence of vulnerability – compliance monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing.
- Virus protection – often the basis of IS security. It is important to build one or more barriers to a potential malicious code path towards the organization’s information system – a multi-layer anti-virus protection. An essential element is the central management and AV monitoring solution, as well as protection against new types of attacks (combined attacks, phishing, spyware, installer, rootkits, etc.).
- Network perimeter security – used to separate the organization’s network from other network operators and public networks. It often consists of a firewall, IDS/IPS sensor, content filters, anti-spam solution and virus protection.
- Content control – content filtering at the network perimeter to eliminate unsolicited or unwanted content during the transmission both to and from the organization’s network. The most common is the anti-spam filter for incoming mail and content filtering during the access to the Internet. In the opposite direction, there is filtering of the sent sensitive organization data.
- Data encryption – a system preventing unauthorized data manipulation and possible data theft or modification. It is used to protect the data stored on disk storage, removable media and during the communication via untrusted networks. These systems are used particularly for online disk encryption, file systems parts, e-mail, and symmetric and asymmetric encryption of data flows – VPN.
- Protection of mobile devices – the use of portable devices requires special attention to security because these devices exceed the standard understanding of perimeter security in computer networks. They are protected with an antivirus, personal firewall, IDS sensor, anti-spyware, encryption of locally stored data, multiple factor authentication, secure remote access, protection inserted into the LAN, and backup of locally stored data.
S&T CZ is the winner of numerous awards from leading security manufacturers, such as Arcsight, Cisco, Bluecoat, Check Point, ISS, McAfee, RSA, Symantec, Websense, and others. S&T Group has not only experience in implementing security solutions but it is also an owner of know-how, developer, and manufacturer of security solutions and equipment, such as the reverse firewall Underground8, and more.
Produkty a řešení
- Cisco Systems
- RSA Security